Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2009 7DRL

Well, the deadline for the 2009 7DRL has passed and the results have been submitted to RogueBasin. It seems to have been a record year for submissions to the contest, so there are plenty of games to try out.

I've had a chance to check out only one of the submissions thus far, DungeonMinder by Adam Gatt. The fact that initial reports indicated that it was difficult to win (a definite plus in my book) and that a Linux download was available made it a no-brainer to try out immediately. The concept behind the game is novel and the gameplay unique and very challenging. And considering this is a game coded in 7 days, it is very impressive indeed. I've managed to get to DL3 do far. I'm hoping I can actually win this one, as difficult as it is.

Next on the list may be Fruits of the Forest by Ido Yehieli. This one looks very interesting and...well, it just looks cool. I'll be trying this one out sooner rather than later for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment